Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Contests

I've been doing a lot of contest writing lately.  I think I've written over 12 new short stories and a few essays in the last few months.  I can't publish any of them until they win. There's something kind of neat about sitting on these stories like they're eggs.  One day they'll hatch and pay me back for all my patience.  Until then I think a lot about Meryl Streep and how much she loves what she does.  And how good she is.  And how human she is.

I'd like to be that good at what I do- and get the recognition.  And I could really use the money right now.

So I guess this post is to my muse.  I'll keep feeding you and trusting you.  I'll keep showing up and keep my fingers flying.

Just please, please, don't let me lose my land because I can't pay my bills. And please make it so I can feed myself and my animals.  And a little vacation would be nice too.

I think it'll be okay.


1 comment:

Paul Herman said...

Hi Renee,

I thought you'd want to know about a typo I spotted in the first post of your writing Blog "[...] about sitting on these stories like their eggs." I think you must have meant 'they're'